"SOMETIMES THE SMALLEST THINGS TAKE UP THE MOST ROOM IN YOUR HEART"

Welcome To The House Of Genista @ Home Blog

Welcome to my blog.... This is were I will be posting about all the things that go on in my world. I will be sharing photos, information etc and anything else I find interesting. This blog is linked to my website The House Of Genista."Genista" is pronounced "Jennista" with a J but spelt with a G. I am a teddy bear artist. I design and create collectible mohair "Genista Bears", needlefelted bears and other animals. If you have an interest in seeing any of my work please check out this blog, my other blogs "The House Of Genista Bear Studio" or visit my website. Links for other blogs and website are below.... Please enjoy your visit with us and become a follower if you enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you....... Hugs Hillary Rose THE HOUSE OF GENISTA

Thursday 15 April 2010

A New Addition "Casper"


"Jasper"

I have had a delay with my new designs, as you may have noticed, due to illness. I have been unable to sew for the last few months due to depression/panic attacks, which has not been a nice experience. After the death of my beloved dog Jasper on 4th February this year, I found myself unable to cope as I was so full of grief and missed him so much. It all happened so quickly between Jasper being ill and his death. He left a great big hole in our lives. Two months later (ten weeks today) I still miss him and cry about him most days but am starting to feel more able to cope with my loss. My husband (bless him) has reserved a puppy for me, a chocolate labrador retriever (thought it might help). He is 5 weeks old at the moment and we collect him on May 1st when he will be 8 weeks. We plan to call him "CASPER" after his father, but mainly after our boy JASPER. He reminds us both so much of Jasper even though he looks nothing like him really. It's in the eyes/face I think. Casper will never be able to replace Jasper and we wouldn't want him too, but we hope he will fill at least a part of the empty hole left by Our Boy. No matter what, he will be loved so much and be treated like a little Prince. We are looking forward to bringing him home on May 1st.


"Casper" 5 weeks

Hugs


5 comments:

  1. I am sending you a poem that still to this day reminds me of my girl "Rain" who we lost now several years ago to a very fast cancer... It still brings a tear to my eyes and I understand your anxiety 100%. A new puppy will warm you heart and make your soul believe again that joy is possible even in sadness. Casper will make his own space in your heart as our new babies have "Jonesy" and "the Butcher" and Jasper will always be there as well... forever to be loved and remembered. Casper is a gorgeous puppy and it will be a wonderful new journey for you and your husband getting to know each other and falling in love him for his own personality. Sympathy for your loss from me at Seraphim Bears and also Congratulations on taking the first step to a new adventure in love. Bear Hugs...

    Parable of Immortality ( A ship leaves . . . )
    by Henry Van Dyke - 1852 - 1933


    I am standing by the seashore.
    A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze
    and starts for the blue ocean.
    She is an object of beauty and strength,
    and I stand and watch
    until at last she hangs like a peck of white cloud
    just where the sun and sky come down to mingle with each other.

    Then someone at my side says, 'There she goes!
    Gone where? Gone from my sight - that is all.

    She is just as large in mast and hull and spar
    as she was when she left my side
    and just as able to bear her load of living freight
    to the places of destination.
    Her diminished size is in me, not in her.

    And just at the moment when someone at my side says,
    'There she goes! ' ,
    there are other eyes watching her coming,
    and other voices ready to take up the glad shout :
    'Here she comes!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hilary.I am sure Casper will help alot with your grief, he will certainly keep you busy.He his such a cutie. I am sorry to hear about your panic attacks, they are horrible. I suffered from them quite a few years ago, they can be quite frightening.
    I am thinking about you and hope your road to recovery is a quick.
    Hugs
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet puppy. They can never take the place of a beloved do, but a new puppy can sure help you feel happy again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh...He is such a lovely baby!!! I am sure that Casper's love will fill in the emptiness in your heart :-) I can understand you perfecly well...my dog died 8 years ago but I still cry sometimes when I see german shepperds looking like her...But a new pet means new emotions and it helps to feel happier :-) Give Casper a hug from me and my rabbit when you get him home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Michele, Bev, Joanne and Liza for your kind words. Very much appreciated. I have actually had three nights sleep now, so things are looking up. I am sure that Casper will bring a lot of happiness into our lives, we love him already. We will always miss Jasper and he will never be able to be replaced, but a puppy sure can help!
    Thank you so much Michele for the beautiful poem, it did bring a tear to my eye. I have printed it and put it on my fridge, thank you. I will certainly give Casper a hug from your rabbit and yourself Liza.
    Also thank you Joanne for the link on your blog "Spirituality and Self Help".It has been a great help.
    Warmest Hugs to you all
    Hillary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Always nice to make a new friend or greet an old one....