"SOMETIMES THE SMALLEST THINGS TAKE UP THE MOST ROOM IN YOUR HEART"

Welcome To The House Of Genista @ Home Blog

Welcome to my blog.... This is were I will be posting about all the things that go on in my world. I will be sharing photos, information etc and anything else I find interesting. This blog is linked to my website The House Of Genista."Genista" is pronounced "Jennista" with a J but spelt with a G. I am a teddy bear artist. I design and create collectible mohair "Genista Bears", needlefelted bears and other animals. If you have an interest in seeing any of my work please check out this blog, my other blogs "The House Of Genista Bear Studio" or visit my website. Links for other blogs and website are below.... Please enjoy your visit with us and become a follower if you enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you....... Hugs Hillary Rose THE HOUSE OF GENISTA

Friday 23 April 2010

Spring Has Finally Sprung!!

What a wonderful time Spring is here in Wales! The garden bursting with beautiful Spring flowers of all colours, shapes and sizes. Gorgeous!! My all time favourite though is the beautiful but simple Daffodil and not just because it is the National Flower Of Wales. It was also my Mothers' favourite flower and our garden as a child was always full to the brim of these beautiful, bright, cheerful flowers.


All across Wales from the beginning of March the country comes alive with meadows of richly coloured flowers as the daffodils begin to bloom. Brought to Wales by the Romans and named after the Greek God Narcissus who looked into a pool, saw his reflection and fell in love with himself. Along with newborn lambs, the Daffodil heralds the arrival of Spring. Also, as the Daffodil begins to bloom around the 1st March, it has also come to symbolise St. Davids Day here in Wales, commemorating the Patron Saint Of Wales and you can see many a patriotic Welsh person wearing a Daffodil in their lapels.

Unfortunately they just simply do not last long enough so I plan to make the most of it whilst they're here.

Hugs


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Always nice to make a new friend or greet an old one....